Vacancy – Full Time Faculty
As part of the ongoing transition to university status, Tangaza University College is seeking to recruit dynamic, qualified and result oriented professionals to fill the following positions in the School of Education (Christ the Teacher Institute for Education).
JOB TITLE: Full Time Faculty
REPORTS TO: Dean, School of Education
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Fulltime
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide quality teaching using the most appropriate and innovative methods of learning and teaching.
- To produce quality learning and assessment materials within one’s teaching area.
- Lead’s the Department within one’s teaching area toward creating an innovative and effective learning and teaching educational environment.
- Providing academic advising and mentorship to students.
- Promote the vision and mission of the School of Education and the University College with marked commitment.
A PhD or equivalent in either Biology, Christian Religious Education (CRE), Geography, History or Linguistics (English)
An earned MA in the above named fields and having registered (preferably completed Course work) for PhD.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates understanding of the College mission, vision and educational practices. Has proficiency in the use of Instructional Information Technology (Internet, Moodle, PowerPoint, Google Educational Applications, Smart Board, etc.).
- Able to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the broader educational and professional communities.
- Has a record of academic achievement in the discipline meriting appointment.
A minimum of 3 years of University teaching experience and should be complemented by seminars and other educational activities engaged.
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 20th of June 2017, indicating their daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND GIVEN A COPY OF THE DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION