- To wear your lanyard with your ID at all times.
- To leave all bags (including laptop bags), and bulky overcoats or jackets at the security counter.
- Library security and staff are entitled to search any person entering or leaving any Tangaza library.
- Food and drinks (including water) are not allowed in the library.
Silence is a must in all libraries at all times in order to be able to concentrate and research in peace. Therefore conversations and mobiles are not appropriate. Switch off your mobile phone before entering a Tangaza library. Answering your mobile in the library will incur a ban of ONE MONTH (even at exam time….). Please let us have a real working atmosphere in the libraries.
We all know that some calls are urgent/important. But this is not an excuse for answering your mobile in the Library…. Choose somewhere else to wait.
- Personal laptops may be used in the libraries – however the college management is not responsible for damage or loss of any laptop or other personal item. Please take care of your belongings.
- If you lose or damage a library item, a new copy must be bought at your own expense, either by yourself, or through the college (a substantial down payment will be requested to cover the cost, together with postage and administration fees – any surplus will be refunded when the item arrives).
- Library users caught stealing or damaging Tangaza College books or other property will be reported to the Tangaza College Disciplinary Committee.
- Photocopying costs Ksh.2 per page. Both libraries have photocopiers for your use. Buy a prepaid card at the Finance Office. Copyright rules apply: do not photocopy more than a small section of a book.
- Suggestions for new books are welcome. Discuss with your Institute’s Director, or hand in your suggestion, showing your institute and name, at the circulation desk.