Goal: This undergraduate diploma aims at training practitioners, who after completing the course will be able to:
= Participate in projects for integral human development
= Animate and accompany groups / communities
= Run awareness raising activities
= Facilitate popular / civic education activities
= Integrate social ministry in their own profession
= Utilize the four components of the Pastoral Cycle
The award of Diploma is given by Tangaza College to students who satisfy the following requirements:
- An accumulated 90 credit hours of successful coursework
- Completion, submission, and presentation of the Diploma Paper
For admission to the Institute of Social Ministry in Mission candidates must:
- Have completed their secondary school education and obtained a minimum mean grade of C+ (or equivalent University entry requirements in other countries); consideration is given for experience and other qualification to make up for lower grade.
- Have at least two years of professional training, or two years of experience in social issues.
- Be recommended by an appropriate religious superior (in case of the religious), or other persons/authority to vouch for them.
- Produce proof of English competency for tertiary level studies at Tangaza College. The normally accepted evidence of having attained the level of English required is: City & Guilds Pitman English qualification in B2 Communicator: CEF.
- Be computer literate