Welcome to Center for leadership and Management
Center for leadership and Management was born in 2010 to promote an understanding of Leadership based on the best practice of traditional African values and the Christian values of service, respect and integrity, to prepare leaders for the African society who will hold these values in the work place
To be a world class centre of excellence for leadership and management, committed to promoting life-long learning.
To promote ethical, visionary and transformative leaders rooted in African and Christian values, appreciating the worth of prior learning and diversity of human experience; empowering the marginalized and supporting women leaders in Church and society and, preparing leaders capable of adapting to changing global trends.
In carrying out its mission the Centre for Leadership and Management is committed to the following core values:
- Excellence in all its academic and social endeavours
- Competence and professionalism as the criteria for all appraisals and assessment.
- Integrity, transparency and accountability marking all academic studies and professional behaviour.
- Respect for cultural, social and religious diversity among faculty and students.
- Service to the community and advocacy on the part of the marginalized and those living in poverty.
- Innovation in responding to the changing educational needs of individuals and groups in a rapidly evolving world
- Collaboration in Learning through a programme of systematic mentoring.
Philosophy of CLM
The philosophy of CLM is based on the values, attitudes and practices of the Leadership tradition of St. Vincent de Paul (DePaul University: The Hay Project, Vincent on Leadership) and on the leadership ideals of African traditional communities. Both of these traditions of leadership stress the values of service, honesty and integrity, and the desire to maintain high ethical standards. They are anchored in a spirituality of care and communion with others for the well-being of the society. CLM seeks to stimulate and develop in learners the creativity needed to enable them reach their fullest potential through life-long learning skills, innovative and collaborative activities and respect for cultural diversity.