The Certificate in Music seeks to help individuals and young people to achieve their potential in or through music. It is developed keeping in mind children and young people whose taste for music constitute a powerful and attractive means of shaping their personalities orienting them towards value based ideals of life.
Expected Learning Outcomes of the Programme
By the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Appreciate music of all contexts and cultures considering as a powerful means of communication, evangelization and promotion of human cohesiveness;
- Demonstrate basic skills in music, recognize its importance in the education and formation of children and young people;
- Analyse the role of music in effective behavioral change and social transformation;
- Assess the importance of music in the spirituality of African people particularly children and youth; and
- Demonstrate basic skills in organizing, planning musical performance in schools, churches and other settings;
- Display a good level of performance flair.
For admission to the Certificate Programmes, candidates must have completed secondary education in their country of origin with a minimum grade of KCSE D+ or its equivalent.