VACANCY – ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Tangaza University College is seeking to recruit a dynamic, qualified and result oriented professional to fill the following position in the Finance Department
JOB TITLE: Assistant Accounts
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Contract
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares the teaching payroll and undertakes statutory returns.
- Prints and distributes claims form copies for lecturers.
- Maintains the students’ Debtor’s ledger.
- Prepares Invoices for lay students and congregations.
- Makes and reports all adjustments to the students’ debtors’ accounts by debit and credit notes.
- Informs theAccountant on every modification to be made.
- Accounts for all students fees that are paid to the college.
- Keeps records of all students caution fees.
- Welcomes students and congregation representatives and gives explanations on their fees balances.
- Maintains and updates all files concerning students.
- Collaborates and shares the work with other colleagues in the Finance Department
- Follows up on the schedules of all installment payments and produces prompt reports.
- Any other assignment as may be directed by the Finance Manager or Financial Accountant
- Degree holder preferably in accounts with CPA 2 or
- Holder of CPA 3.
- At least one year experience preferably in a finance office.
- Experience in dealing with debtors.
- Must be computer literate with the following accounting packages: Sage, QuickBooks and Pastel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Strong team player of unquestionable integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with people of different nationalities/ cultural backgrounds
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 30th May 2017, indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national/ethnic origin or disability.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED